Ayurveda A Way of Life to live better !
"Disease prevention is always better than its cure"
Ayurveda is the "Science of Life".
"It is that knowledge of life which deals in detail with conditions beneficial to life, and, to factors conducive to the happiness, or responsible for misery or sorrow besides suggesting measures for healthful living for full span of life".
Ayurveda advocates complete health model for treatment, and lays stress mostly on the prevention of disease. By following ayurvedic principles and its model of lifestyle, one can bid farewell to ailments for ever.
It is an ancient medical therapy which was invented by Vedic Sadhus (pious souls) in India, thousands of years ago.
Ayurveda is also considered as 'Science of life'. This probably makes it the earliest medical science having a positive concept of health to be achieved through a blending of physical, mental, social moral and spiritual welfare.
According to the ancient books of knowledge, health is considered as a prerequisite for achieving the supreme ends of life consisting of righteousness, wealth, artistic values and spiritual freedom.
Preventive and curative aspects of diseases are considered as important components of the concept of positive health.
Ayurveda deals elaborately with measures of healthful living during the entire span of life and its various phases.
Besides dealing with principles for maintenance of health, it has also developed a wide range of therapeutic measures to combat illness.
These principles of positive health and therapeutic measures related to physical, mental, social and spiritual welfare of human beings. Thus Ayurveda became one of the oldest system of medicine dealing with both the preventive and curative aspects of life in a most comprehensive way.
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicinal treatment that uses a constitutional model. It aims to provide guidelines regarding one's food and lifestyle to make healthy people heathier and to improve the ailments of people with health problems.
Unique principles of Ayurveda:
- Its recommendations are often different for different persons regarding which foods and which lifestyle they should follow in order to be completely healthy. It focuses on complete lifestyle.
- Everything which Ayurveda advocates is validated by real-life experiences and knowledge derived from the ancient Indian texts which were written by the Gods' own people (Sadhus and Rishis).
- It understands that there are high energy forces that influence nature and human beings. These forces are called the Tridoshas.
- Ayurveda advocates a strong connection between the soul and the body, advocates that the soul and body are two independent entities, which unites together to make life.
- Ayurveda advocates 3-step model of attaining good health. If one lacks in any one area of health, then that person is not healthy. Three areas of health are:
a. Physical Health of body
b. Mental Health
c. Social Health